Servitude - (Webster's 1828 Dictionary)
SERV'ITUDE, n. [L. servitudo or servitus. See Serve.]
1. The condition of a slave; the state of involuntary subjection to a master; slavery; bondage. Such is the state of slaves in America. A large portion of the human race is in servitude.
2. The state of a servant. [Less common and less proper.]
3. The condition of a conquered country.
4. A state of slavish dependence. Some persons may be in love with splendid servitude.
5. Servants, collectively. [Not in use.]