Overthrow - (Webster's 1828 Dictionary)
OVERTHROW, v.t. [See Throw.]
1. To turn upside down.
His wife overthrew the table.
2. To throw down.
3. To ruin; to demolish.
When the walls of Thebes he overthrew.
4. To defeat; to conquer; to vanquish; as, to overthrow an army or an enemy.
5. To subvert; to destroy; as, to overthrow the constitution or state; to overthrow religion.
1. The state of being overturned or turned off the basis.
2. Ruin; destruction; as the overthrow of the state.
3. Defeat; discomfiture; as the overthrow of enemies.