Assure - (Webster's 1828 Dictionary)
ASSU'RE, v.t. ashu're. [See Assurance.]
1. To make certain; to give confidence by a promise, declaration, or other evidence; as, he assured me of his sincerity.
2. To confirm; to make certain or secure.
And it shall be assured to him. Lev 28.
3. To embolden; to make confident.
And hereby we shall assure our hearts before him. 1 John 3.
4. To make secure, with of before the object secured; as, let me be assured of your fidelity.
5. To affiance; to betroth. Obs.
6. To insure; to covenant to indemnify for loss. [See Insure.]