Answerable - (Webster's 1828 Dictionary)
1. That may be answered; that to which a reply may be made, usually implying that the answer may be satisfactory; as, an answerable argument.
2. Obliged to give an account, or liable to be called to account; amenable; responsible; as, an agent is answerable to his principal.
3. Obliged or liable to pay, indemnify or make good; as, to be answerable for a debt or for damages.
4. Correspondent; agreeing with; in conformity with; as, the features expressed in a picture are answerable to the original.
5. Suitable; suited; proportionate; as, an achievement answerable to the preparation for it.
6. Equal; correspondent; proportionate; as, the success is answerable to my desires.