Abroad - (Webster's 1828 Dictionary)
ABROAD, adv. abrawd'. [See Broad]
In a general sense, at large; widely; not confined to narrow limits. Hence,
1. In the open air.
2. Beyond or out of the walls of a house, as to walk abroad.
3. Beyond the limits of a camp. Deu 23:10
4. Beyond the bounds of a country; in foreign countries - as to go abroad for an education. We have broils at home and enemies abroad.
5. Extensively; before the public at large.
He began to blaze abroad the matter. Mark 1:45.
6. Widely; with expansion; as a tree spreads its branches abroad.